<$BlogRSDUrl$>



8/22/2003

My organic chem teacher is so badass. Him...approximately: "We're going to spend this entire semester making atoms happy." Yay! Also, talking about the synthesis of urea that started organic chem, "Just remember that it all started with synthetic pee, and you should do fine." Then at the recitation class period thing, he talked about Buckyballs and nanotubes the whole time. Too bad we just reviewed general chemistry stuff all class period, because I really want to know how much I'll like the class while learning new information. Also had English. Eh....it's English. Then came breakfast and the organic chem class, after which I had an hour and a half to kill, so I went and sat on one of the 10 or 12 benches around this large pool-type thing with three fountains in it in front of the library. I read what I had to for English then some 1984. That book is really quite depressing...but very good. Then I went to intro to chemE, another 'eh' class. From there, came the recitation class for organic chem.

After that, I went to the Union place to check the mail, and I had a package from my family waiting for me. It came in a box that they smashed to pieces and wrote "Blow-Up Doll XXX" on it before they sent it covered in duct tape. After laughing with the people behind the counter, half-wondering if they actually did send a blow-up doll, I took the large box and struggled back to the dorm. I then got right to my homework (on Friday? yes) of writing "Why I want to be an engineer" and reading the first 40 pages of the intro to chemE book. Realizing that the box still lay unopened on my bed, I went to write on this blog about my day. I shall now open it.

*tears at duct tape with keys*
*remembers that I haven't seen my car for about four days*
*also remembers that I've only had one drink of actual H2O in at least a week*

Stuff in Box:
-paper towels used for packing, to be reused by me as paper towels
-paper plates
-plastic forks
-Excedrin
-cheese crackers - I don't like these, but it'll be a nice way to make friends with the RA
-enigmatic aluminum foil oblong - opening it reveals paper towels - opening those reveals...*drumroll*...Teriyaki sauce? what the hell?
-instant rice - must be what the Teriyaki sauce is for
-two boxes of Kudos
-a Twix bar *opens and eats*
-bag of beef jerky
-box of mini cookies
-three cans of Pringles which won't last me to the end of the weekend...one of my few weaknesses
-box of oatmeal creme[sic] pies
-box of ding dongs
-box of fudge brownies
-box of hot chocolate packs - won't need this for a while, but should be nice once I do
-easy mac
-fig newtons
-12 packs of beef-flavored ramen noodles

Wow. I'm going to get so fat. I just hope that walking across campus is enough exercise to keep me "fit"

Thanks to everyone involved in sending me that food...very nice


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?