<$BlogRSDUrl$>



8/29/2003

My parents, Candace, and Brooklyn are flying into Charlotte, NC, tomorrow on a cheap air fare, and I'm driving up to see them for the labor day weekend tomorrow morning. This was all planned yesterday after many problems, so I feel really good now about my ability to help plan things on a very short basis.

I also finished 1984 yesterday. Very good book. Led last night to a very interesting debate with Nathalie over the ending...Two totally opposite memories of how the book ended. Without trying to give away the ending, she thought that something happened that I don't remember happening. Something quite crucial, actually. But I like her ending better...
Also bought Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut and started reading that...pretty funny.

Just got back from taking my first organic chem quiz:
1. (2 points each) Draw the Lewis structures for the following molecules
a) C2H6
b) HCN

2. (6 points) Draw the structural formula for the 3 secondary amines of the molecular formula C4H11N

And that was the extent of the quiz. If you don't know what an amine is, it doesn't matter: you can still just draw the structures. Then only thing you'd need to know is that secondary means the N is attached to 2 C...but we learned that in class. That was the whole quiz for a week's worth of teaching! During class, I had to poke myself to stay awake as we learned about resonance (again) and bond angles and shapes (for like the 5th time). At least he's a fun teacher.

I shall post again when I get back from seeing Brooklyn and the others. I really need a digital camera.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?