<$BlogRSDUrl$>



8/21/2003

Today was my first day of classes. I woke up at 9:30 so I had time to get ready and eat before I had to be in Calculus III at 11. I had a brownie and a Dr. Pepper for breakfast. Once in Calc III, I became aware of the fact that I bought the wrong book, but we didn't use it all day anyway. Instead, we talked all about the history of calculus and quite a bit about fluid dynamics. I assume we'll get into vectors and multiple variables next time. I then walked 15 minutes across campus (sweating by the time I got there) to my computer science class. Once there, after a brief time spent in the wrong classroom (bastards for changing without telling me), I realized that it was a class mostly about computer hardware and circuits, which I don't want to get into. So I sat through the class "learning" to convert between binary, hex, and decimal for an hour, assuming that I would drop the class when I got back to the dorm. I stopped to get a sandwich at the Union on my way back to the dorm, because I can't eat fast food all the time. Once back in the dorm, the internet wasn't working, so I called and told the computer people that I was on the network but couldn't get on the internet. Their response was "What you mean?" so I cleared it up with "My internet's broke." They told me they were having troubles with it but that someone was working on it. I then went to bring my computer book back ($110 - w00t) and to switch out my calculus book, which all went pretty simply. From there, I headed to Organic Chem Lab, at which I sat at for 30 minutes with the other 7 (also w00t) people in the class before we decided that the teacher wasn't coming and left. I thought it was kind of strange to go to the lab before the class, anyway. I came back to a working internet and some wonderful pictures from Nathalie on hotmail, which made me even happier than I already was. I dropped out of that computer class and am now taking only 14 hours. Checking my presumed schedule for chemical engineering, though, I'll still be fine in scheduling. On another bright side, I only have 2 classes on Tuesday and Thursday now and don't have to make that 15 minute, nearly impossible walk anymore.

All in all, a pretty uneventful but still quite fun and exciting day. I'm looking forward to more classes and maybe even some homework tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?