<$BlogRSDUrl$>



9/08/2003

I reached 1000 unique visitors today...as far as this tracker says, anyway...

It rained today. It poured. And I had to walk halfway across campus in it. As much as I love the rain, I don't like being wet, because being wet leads to being cold, and I hate being cold. So I wore a long-sleeved shirt today (surprise). The books in my backpack got all wet, though...Breakfast of Champions looks like it was thrown into a puddle. My day-by-day calendar also got all wet...I guess that's what happens when I try to be organized...

My mentor (or advisor, if you'd rather) took me to lunch today at Subway, his way of "getting to know me," i.e. recruiting me for research under him. We somehow got on the topic of my intro to chemical engineering professor. He told me that this year would be that guy's 20th year teaching at the college. I realized that I have no way of putting that into perspective; I haven't even been alive for 20 years. So I started thinking about how everyone says that they wished they were younger again, because their youth was so much better. I don't ever want to have to say that. I never want to realize that the best times of my life are already past. I'd like to think that I can be just as happy any time in the future as I am right now, and I really hope that's true. It's going to be true...for me, at least.

Right now, I'm going to go drive my new Acura RSX Type-S. Wait, that's not me...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?