<$BlogRSDUrl$>



9/03/2003

OJ now has a spot in my links. Anyone else whom I don't have, tell me, and I'll put you there.
Today seemed to drag on forever. And it was very hot, even though it was overcast all day.

In organic chem, we talked about molecular orbitals and bonding and antibonding all class. Pretty interesting stuff, despite the fact that I was pretty tired because the day seemed to drag on and on. Also, my calculus III teacher doesn't have any idea what he's doing. He'll explain things by just reiterating what he originally puts on the board then staring at it for five minutes. "As you can see... ... I can take the derivative... ... ... The t disappears... ..." And then he'll just write the final theorem or formula on the board...incorrectly. He put a (...)^(1/2) where there should have been a (...)^(3/2). It's a good thing someone had their book out to catch him on that, because I didn't. If he would actually derive these things, stuff like this wouldn't happen. Then he finally assigned the first homework assignment. I went happily back to the dorm to do it, but when I got to the last problem (of six), it involved taking the second derivative of cosh(x) and dividing it by (1+sinh(x)^2)^(3/2). I'm not going to do all that by hand! Plus, this class never went over what cosh and sinh are. I just have an idea of what they are because Mr. Bond is the greatest math teacher ever. People on my floor came to me for help on the same problem: "Oh, that's hyperbolic cosine? I thought the h was just an extra variable." It's so hard to stay awake in that class when he spends the last 30 minutes trying to derive something, bringing himself right back to the original equation.

Tomorrow, Nathalie and I will have been dating [yay! future perfect tense!] for a month.
I love you always with everything in my heart.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?