<$BlogRSDUrl$>



9/27/2003

Why does Fall/Autumn get two names? None of the other seasons have two names.

My organic chem lab teacher told us to write the procedure of the lab on the postlabs in past tense, telling everything that we did during the lab, so I did just that. He handed back the postlabs the other day, and mine had points taken off of it, and he said that I should write that procedure in third person. How am I supposed to write about what I did on a lab in third person? The first sentence begins, "I first set up a distillation apparatus..." I asked him how I was supposed to do it in third person, and he looked at my paper and said, "Well, for example, here you could write 'First, a distillation apparatus was set up...' " I said, "So you want it all in passive voice?!" and he seemed very excited about the idea! Not only is it bad enough that he wants an entire procedure in passive voice, but he took points off of someone else's paper in the class a few labs ago because she wrote in passive! AAAHH!

I think I'm getting sick. I keep coughing, I feel congested, and I have a headache. Maybe it's because I'm tired. I need a nap.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?