<$BlogRSDUrl$>



10/08/2003

The best part of waking up


We just watched part of Chasing Amy in English class, and I was the only one (out of about 15) who had heard of Kevin Smith, though some people had seen Clerks and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. We were talking about using language to antagonize readers and its usefulness in different situations. The part with Hooper-X yelling to the white audience about "how the white man keeps the brother man down" constitutes such a time, but she wouldn't let me talk about why he was doing it because I knew the reason, having seen the movie before. I just had to sit there while people tried to figure out his reasoning. Anyway...I think I'm going to try to get my teacher to play Clerks (yes, it's a good movie) and make the class write about why Kevin Smith uses those certain words for chapter headings throughout the film. I think that's the best approach for getting her to let us watch it, right? It has really great dialogue in it, too. I'm sure I can work that in somehow.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?