<$BlogRSDUrl$>



10/31/2003

Halloween! ...yay.


I haven't posted for a really long time, but it's just because I haven't really thought of anything to post about. I don't want to talk about last weekend because it will only depress me; nothing crazily exciting is going on at school; Halloween has come and is well on its way to going. So I'm just going to write randomly again.

We got our second major essays back in English on Wednesday, and mine didn't have a grade on it. On the back, it said "You have a really great paper, but it's against my policy to grade papers that are significantly shorter than the requirements i.e. 1 page or more." Since we can rewrite a paper as many times as we want in that class with no detriment to our grade, I'm not worried. When I went to talk to her after class today (we have to discuss our paper with her if we want to rewrite it) she said "It's an A paper once you get it to that fourth page." She said that she realizes how bad that sounds, but that she has the length requirements for a reason, and I have to abide by them despite whether she likes my paper or not.

I only have to go to the organic chem lab -- *counts* -- five more times (one of which, my sister Steph's birthday, is the final exam). That means I only have to do two more prelabs and three more postlabs...which actually sounds like a lot...

Do any of your respective college campuses (campi) have stray cats that run around during the night? Whenever I'm out of my dorm late at night (which happens much more often than you would believe) I see stray cats all around. One time I saw a cat jumping around in a tree; other times I see that people have put food out for them and the cats are just eating it all up. I've often thought about taking my backpack with me one night with nothing in it and just putting one of the cats inside of it so that I can secretly bring it back up to my dorm and have a pet kitten. If I do this, however, I won't be able to keep my room's door open all the time, and ostracism would become way too much. Plus, every time I try to go up and pet one of the cats, they dart away before I get within 100 feet.

In the school paper, there's been an ongoing argument about whether or not creationist theory should be taught in school along with the theory of evolution. It's really starting to annoy me how many people refuse to accept evolution, but I'm sure I'll be able to cope.

Well I'm sure everyone wants to get to their massive Halloween festivities...I know I do... Maybe I'll finally go get Halo from someone down the hall who offered it to me a week ago. Of course, sleeping doesn't sound like a bad way to spend the night, either...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?