<$BlogRSDUrl$>



10/21/2003

New South Park on Wednesday


I just came from a birthday party across the hall. Never underestimate the power of free food. Once the door was opened (at first closed to hide the fact that there were lit candles in the room), the entire hall came to the room to get a piece of cake. I learned there that you can buy wedding cakes at Wal-Mart and that people don't like you if you talk on the phone "too long."

I also did my laundry tonight. I ran (completely) out of clean clothes two days ago, and I've been meaning to do laundry the last two nights, but I finally remembered before midnight today, so I had plenty of time to get it done. I am proud to say that I have a 100% sock-recovery rate. I have not lost a single sock since I have been at college...at least not an odd number of socks. I may have lost pairs of socks, but I don't think so. I am so excited about this sock-recovery percentage, because I think that my percent yields in the lab will get better now that I know that I can't be bad at recovering everything. By the way, I can't tell if I'm getting better or worse at labs. Today, I finished the lab with 5% yield. While that is in no way good (and I even scraped some spilled crystals off the countertop!), I can't help but think that at least it's better than 150% yield...

[insert segue]

The honors college invited the kids (i.e. students) in it to go see The Glass Menagerie on Tuesday, October 28. I think I'll go see it. While the play wasn't really one of my favorite things we read in high school, I don't think just reading a play can do it justice, especially in those English classes (Max will back me up if he even reads this site...I'm sure he remembers the people reading Julius Caesar with such monotony in sophomore year). I only mention this because the RSVP date is tomorrow (or today now....it's 12:05 am) by 5:00 pm, and I'm sure that writing this will help me remember to RSVP sometime tomorrow when I'm near my phone.

Oh, and I just read (a few days ago) some essay from a book for English that talked about the evolution of music from mid '80s to mid '90s. It brought back so many memories from my childhood with my brother in Topeka back when MTV was good and actually played music. It reminded me of my brother because every band the guy talked about in the essay (Nine Inch Nails, REM, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Jane's Addiction, The Pixies, Soundgarden, Green Day, The Offspring, Stone Temple Pilots....the list goes on) was a band I remember my brother teaching me something about and introducing me to. I should have fun discussing that in class tomorrow (eww...at 8:00 am).

In re-reading this, I think that in writing I may use parentheses and ellipses a tad too much. But, then again, I do so love them.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?