<$BlogRSDUrl$>



10/16/2003

Only six more weeks


I went home this weekend, as I'm sure you already knew. And no, I'm not happy to be back. Not many (if any) of you have seen me cry (and I did), but it's much harder to be away than I thought it could be when I left for college.

On a lighter note, I went to a club for the first time on Friday night. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I was actually able to not worry about how dumb I may have looked and just dance (no comment Olivia or AJ) around with the music and Nathalie. The music was so very loud, and rap music is so very bass-y. Very large subwoofer... There were also a lot of people there who kept yelling for UT. I felt obliged to yell for OU, and I don't think anyone heard me, nor did I really know what to yell.

I then went to Six Flags on Saturday. And if Drew had not been 30 minutes late, I would have seen him that morning, too. I went with my mom and Brooklyn (she's so big and smart!). Nathalie met up with us after a couple of hours, so I went off with her to go ride the bigger rides, and my dad, who also came around the same time Nathalie did, went off with my mom and Brooklyn. All this after lunch at Steak and Shake...mmm... All I have to say about Six Flags is that the people there are very quick to process their complaints.

Sunday morning I spent at the mall for like 2 and 1/2 hours looking for a birthday present for Candace. Why did no one ever inform me in the 8 years I lived in Arlington that the mall doesn't open until noon on Sundays?! I got there at like 11:15 and just walked around looking in windows and checking out the big department stores until the other stores began to open. I finally found a present I thought she would like and noted once again just how hard it is to shop for girls. When I got back, I went to go pick up Tabitha and Brooklyn from their home. When I reached their apartment out in South Arlington, I remembered that they don't live there anymore: they moved to a place not 5 minutes from my house. So I drove all the way back and was thoroughly made fun of when I got there. Sunday afternoon we all ate an early dinner for Candace's birthday, which was very fun for me (despite how horrifying I'm sure it was for Nathalie, as it is for everyone the first time they eat at my house). I also got to play with Brooklyn for a little while after dinner. Later that night, after I had to say goodbye to Steph as she went back to OU, I got to go out with my dad and brother to look at some used cars. Joe's car is broken, so we went out to Dallas to check out some cars from the internet. It was good to get to talk to them both, even if just for a little bit, because my dad was leaving town on Monday, and I knew I probably wouldn't see Joe much again before I left.

Monday Nathalie and I went to Fry's to get Candace a USB cable for her printer, which still does not work for whatever reason. We then went to Simply Fondue for dinner, which has very good food and is lots of fun to eat at. We then quickly (via the "provocation" of an S2000) made it to the Parks mall to see Kill Bill with AJ and Olivia. You cannot imagine the level of violence in that movie. ...so very cool... While we're on the subject, by the way, The Jersey on Disney really is one of the worst shows on television. I find it difficult to believe that people actually watch it on a regular basis.

Tuesday was just sad. I cried, said bye to people, and cried some more.

There were also random naps throughout the weekend because sleep is such a precious commodity. And falling alseep holding someone you love just makes it that much better.

OK, I need to stop writing now, if you're even still reading this. In case you can't tell, I'm just getting sadder by writing about all the fun I won't be able to have for another six weeks. I didn't mean to make this sound pathetic with a "pity me" tone, so I must end it here before it just gets worse.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?