<$BlogRSDUrl$>



1/12/2004

First Day of Classes -- Again


Classes started today, so I get to have another distraction. I only had two today, though. Tomorrow I have four classes, so it should be much more exciting. My first class tomorrow is 8:00 a.m., though. And I have three classes in a row so I don't get out until 12:30. I'm planning on eating breakfast before the first class starts so I'm not horribly hungry before my classes end. So I'm going to wake up at 6:30. I figure that will give me enough time to fully wake up and get ready and eat before class without being rushed. Maybe it's too much time, though... [upon re-reading this section, I noticed the extensive use of the word "class"]

This morning when I got into the shower, it was freezing cold. I don't mind cold showers, but this was unbearable. I think I felt ice in the water even on the hottest setting where the water is normally boiling as it comes out of the showerhead. I'm going to start taking my showers at night to see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, I may just stop showering altogether. I can buy a whole bunch of that Bath & Body Works antibacterial wash that doesn't need any water and just rub it on my body in the mornings.

The first class of the day was a math class called Vector Analysis, which was pretty fun. But I think that the class is the University's attempt to make Vector Calculus a two-semester course. It seems like we're going to cover the stuff in there that we just never got around to in vector calc. The first day was even spent reviewing the curvature we learned in vector calc on which we're probably (hopefully) going to expand.

After a 17-minute walk from my first classroom to my next one (which I only had 15 minutes to make it in), I had the "first course in chemical engineering." This is the course that's supposed to introduce all the concepts of the field and what it means to be a chemical engineer. I already really don't think I'm going to like it. I can't sit around and do mass and energy balances all day, which the professor (who seems like he'll be fun) said will be the only thing we basically do in the class. He said that the "only" thing a chemical engineer needs to know is "input equals output." That, to me, does not sound like a very fun job. But I'll try out the class for a little bit to see if I like it or not. Either way, I'm seriously rethinking my major right now.

I took some pictures of my dorm, but upon close inspection, I realized that it's a really dirty room. My roommate has all kinds of stuff lying around (computer boxes, clothes, books). So here's the part of the room that I actually like (as if pictures ever work on my site). There's my bed (the one by the window with the stuffed animal dog aptly named Snout) and desk and computer.

My Dorm


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?