<$BlogRSDUrl$>



1/18/2004

This time last night I was still on the phone...


As some of you know and some of you don't, a good friend of mine here at college was recently coming back from dinner with my roommate around 11:30 pm. Right in front of one of the dorms in a pretty well lit area, a man came out of the bushes screaming random cuss words, punched him in the jaw, and left without taking anything (money, ID, etc.) from him. My roommate took him into the dorm and called the cops, and he was soon brought to the hopsital. A few days ago, he went through surgery to fix his jaw (as it was broken in two places) and will have to have a wire in his jaw (not exactly sure how that works and all) for the next six weeks. I'm not sure if he'll be coming back to school this semester, but I wanted to tell everyone this as a precaution. If you're walking around your respective campuses (campi?) at night, even if you're with other people, pay close attention to your surroundings.

My first week of classes is over, and it went pretty bad, of course (you can't be too happy about some stuff when you're not happy about it), but I don't even want to get into that. All I want to say about my classes is that my professors in a few classes tell me that the workload will be very large, but it doesn't seem too overwhelming so far.

I've also just been informed that yours and my favorite coffee place may be going out of business. That's right: the coffee haus in Lincoln Square...they're having an all-night thing there tonight (as in right now), so try to make it over there if you get this in the next couple of hours. Otherwise, for those of you still living in Arlington, go there at least three times a day and get something to eat or drink (may I suggest a kojo hot chocolate?). And try to find out the recipe for that hot chocolate while you're there. I'll pay someone some good money if they can get it for me (seriously).

Lastly, AJ has introduced me to a hilarious online comic entitled White Ninja Comics. Click in awe. And go through the archives, too, if you dare to see the crazy randomness.
White Ninja


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?