<$BlogRSDUrl$>



2/01/2004

Uber-Bowl Sunday


I'm writing this as the superbowl is on in the background of my dorm. I don't like football, but my roommate does, so we're watching it.

This weekend started out really good. I was really happy early Friday night for multiple reasons, but then stuff happened that I won't talk about here so as not to upset too many parties involved (No, Nathalie and I did not break up or anything like that). Anyway, the rest of the weekend was/is pretty sad. At least I get to go be happy in Arlington next weekend (Feb. 7-9).

<sidenote>Holy shit! This is the worst halftime show I've ever seen! It's so awful!</sidenote>

Yes, I'm coming home next weekend. My dad used some frequent flyer miles to get a really cheap ticket. I'm going to the airport (about two hours away) really early on Saturday morning (i.e. Friday night) to try to get on standby for a 5:50 a.m. flight. Otherwise, I leave later that day at 1:00 in the afternoon. Then I come back Monday afternoon.

Today was the one-year anniversary of the space shuttle Columbia disaster. One year ago today, I was driving from Tulane to Rice (two beautiful campuses) with my dad while reading Lord of the Flies (awesome book). It occurred to me today that I have changed a whole lot since that day, just as all of us have. It's so great to look back years at a time and realize just how much you and everything else have changed and grown. All the new experiences in our lives make us reevaluate what's most important to us and what makes us happiest. I know that there are things I believe now that I'd never imagined myself thinking a year ago, but I'm incredibly thankful for that. Change doesn't mean bad.

I maybe wanted to write more, but I don't feel like it now. Maybe I'll come back and finish later.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?