<$BlogRSDUrl$>



3/08/2004

Home Again, Home Again


I'm sitting at Nathalie's computer right now (one of them), and I realized that I hadn't updated since I've gotten back. We (I don't know if I can really consider my input useful, though) just finished doing some computer science, and while she finishes up a biology lab, I'll write. I apologise beforehand if any of this seems boring to you...it's basically just a recap of what I've been up to.

On the plane ride to Arlington, I read a lot more of Brave New World, which just depressed me. And halfway through the flight, we ran into a rather large storm which shook the plane lots and lots and made me even more nervous than the book was already making me. The lady beside me was nice, but even she was a little annoying at times. So when I finally got off the plane, I had multiple reasons on top of the fact that I was getting to be home for 9 days to be happily on the ground. Nathalie and I went straight from the airport to Saltgrass Steakhouse because I hadn't had steak to eat for about 7 months. Then we went to my house where I got to see my sisters, my parents, and a sleeping Brooklyn before going to Nathalie's so she could work on a little computer [I just typed the word 'computer' and deleted it 6 times before I spelled it correctly] science which is due tomorrow.

Saturday, I woke up at 8:00 and got to play with Brooklyn for a while before going off to buy some stuff for a picnic later that day [Is that a vacuum I hear right now? No...apparently it's a blender]. I then went out to lunch with Drew and Graham at a really really good Chinese restaurant. It was very cool to catch up with them, too. After that, Nathalie and I got everything ready for the picnic and then had loads of fun at it with Olivia and lots of people they know from college. We got to run around in a field and play four-square and eat hot dogs... Then Nathalie tripped and sprained her ankle, which had to be put under ice for the rest of the night while we watched Bend It Like Beckham. I liked that movie more that I disliked it...pretty funny.

Today, Sunday, after waking up and eating breakfast with my wonderful household, my younger sister Candace drove me to Nathalie's house (she's a good driver, too) so that I could go with her and her mom to the hospital to get her ankle X-rayed. It was worse than last night because she couldn't even walk on it today. After spending upwards of 4 hours at the hospital, Nathalie had her ankle in a semi-cast thing with a hard cast backing and only gauze-type front, and I went back to my house for mowing the lawn, dinner, and conversation. I started a conversation about religion (maybe not the best idea), but then we all talked about my transferring colleges and Stephanie (my older sister) going to Mexico for spring break and where she is going to live next semester. I then talked to AJ on the phone for a little bit and decided to hang out with him tomorrow up at UTA while I'm there visiting Nathalie's classes and helping her walk the campus with her crutches and hurt ankle.

I'm sure that's been a boring post for most of you...but I'm happy.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?