<$BlogRSDUrl$>



2/18/2006

Joyous Day!


Oh, how wonderful the day is now! I was just reading up on the news, and it seems that a vaccine for Ebola has passed its initial tests in humans!

Ebola Vaccine!

For the past 20 years of my life my biggest fear, the thing of which I have had more fear than any other thing in the entire world, has been Ebola. My older brother explained the disease to me as "bleeding from every orifice of your body," and I have never been able to get past the initial images which flashed through my mind of blood trickling from under my fingernails and seeping out of my tear ducts. A vaccine for Ebola is like Christmas -- two Christmases, even! And I'm sure it means a lot to the people in Africa, too! Next they should work on a cure for starvation.

My brother also used to tell me that tomato soup was really blood collected from dead skunks on the side of the road and that the bushes behind my house were also called "Indian Chewing Gum" so that I would try to eat them.


Comments:
Well, there's still DVT to keep you awake at night.

Also, the girl who used to live behind me pulled that 'indian chewing gum' thing on my sister and I, back when I was young.
 
when i thought about ebola, i imagined people's faces exploding in blood

-drewish
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?