<$BlogRSDUrl$>



2/13/2006

V-Day on the beaches of Normandy


I've always found it incredibly annoying when television sets are turned on and muted. This is because of that nasty, high-pitched frequency that the TV emits and is quite obvious when there is no other sound in the proximity. In recent years, however, it has come to my attention that I may indeed be crazy. Other people just don't seem to hear this elusive "frequency", even after I actually take the time to make the room quite silent except for the muted TV. So: out of curiosity, does anybody...anyone...know what I'm talking about, or am I just making up this noise in order to cover up some terrible emotional problem deeply rooted in my past?

Also, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Now I know that many of you loathe and despise Valentine's Day, but I actually really enjoy it. And it's not just because I "have somebody" and that I would be filled with the same hatred --

Ion, Nathalie's cat, just pounced onto the desk, staring up at the ceiling. T'was a moth. Since she (Ion) couldn't reach it, I lifted her up so that her little paws could reach out for the moth. She grabbed it, and as I brought her to the ground, it flew from her hands, so I moved her around in the air, repeating this cycle for a couple of minutes until she finally got it to the floor. It was really cute. I promise.

Where was I? Ah, yes.
-- not that I would be filled with the same hatred if I didn't have someone to spend the day with. Even before Nathalie and I started dating, in high school, I really enjoyed Valentine's Day. There's just such an air of happiness. Even if it is a holiday "invented by the card and candy companies," you can still take advantage of its being there and be happy about something.

In fact, you should be happy all the time.


Comments:
yes and no --AJ
 
Yes, I hear it, but it doesn't bother me. However, it drives my housemate Lauren insane.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?